Pics , text & video sent by Michael Miller / www.iFLYsail.com
NEW FOILING CATAMARAN >>> iFLY®15 <<< by CEC Catamaran Europe Central :
- Foiling catamaran for flying SOLO OR OPTIONAL WITH CREW.
- FLYING SAILING FOR EVERYONE, made possible by CEC «FlySafe®» AUTOMATIC FOILS for STABILIZATION OF HORIZONTAL FLIGHT POSITION, longitudinally and laterally. CEC development based on advanced iMOTH class state of the art technology. The system is COMPLETELY HIDDEN INSIDE THE HULLS, without affecting the clean, modern design, furthermore well protected from impurity and mechanical damage, and not representing a risk of injury.
- Designed for EARLY TAKE OFF IN WINDS AS LOW AS 2Bft. / 6KNOTS.
- EASY TO FOIL THE JIBE (without landing). Stable manouvre with the four T-Foils always in the
- NO LIFTING OR LOWERING OF DAGGERBOARDS.
- Designed to FOIL THROUGH THE TACK, as well. Needs experienced pilots to manage this.
- Improved stability for SAILING PLEASURE and PERFORMANCE ALSO IN CHOPPY WATERS.
- SILENT AND CALM PLANING ABOVE the WAVES.
- FREE CHOICE TO SWITCH BETWEEN FLYING MODE or SAILING AS A CONVENTIONAL CATAMARAN (with at least the leeward hull touching the water).
- NO NEED TO OPERATE FOILS WHILE SAILING (self-regulating automatic foils). Sailor concentrates on steering and main-sheet.
- Wand sticks lifting automatically out of the water if not needed. Foil control system attaching automatically when lowering daggerboard.
- EASY BEACHING AND SLIPPING, as simple as with any conventional beach catamaran on a standard beach trolley.
- EASY TO LEARN TO BE SAILED BY AVERAGE SKILLED AND TRAINED SAILORS.
- RATHER LESS, THAN MORE PHYSICAL TO SAIL, compared to conventional catamarans or dinghies, that are much more exposed to waves movement.
- Racing in NEW EMERGING CONSTRUCTION CLASS «International Formula Foil 15»
- INNOVATIVE PERFORMING RIG:
LATEST DEVELOPMENT “DECK SWEEPING” MAINSAIL.
- OPTIONAL FORESAIL «CodeF(ly)» FOR LIGHT WINDS (CEC new development based on GENOA / Code0 / GENNAKER), used on all courses/points, also upwind.
- AERODYNAMIC INNOVATIVE AIRTIGHT WING TRAMPOLINE CREATING LIFT. Two layers. Complete aerodynamic profile with leading edge and trailing edge. All ropes and rubber cords are hidden inside the trampoline, protected and aerodynamically neutralized. Reduced drag, also with regard to breaking waves. Airtight material to increase performance of the “deck-sweeping” mainsail by avoiding loss of pressure below the sail foot and minimizing vortex effect.
- BOTH BEAMS AND TRAVELLER TRACK FULLY SUNK IN HULLS / TRAMPOLINE underlining PURITY OF DESIGN WITH CLEAR LINES. Best aerodynamic solution. It is comfortable and DECREASES CHANCES OF INJURY.
- SCIENTIFICALLY DEVELOPED HIGH END T-FOILS for early lift-off, high speeds and best stability.
- BOAT SPEED around DOUBLE WIND SPEED.
- Designed for TOP SPEEDS ABOVE 25 KNOTS.
- VERY LIGHT BOAT, 85kg ready to sail. Very robust for everyday usage.
- TECHNOLOGY TAKEN FROM STATE OF THE ART AEROSPACE ENGINEERING, e.g. Airbus supplier for hulls production. Carbon composites.
- PLATFORM EASY TO DISASSEMBLE AND TO TRANSPORT. Width of 2.55m in assembled state is suitable for horizontal trailering on European roads.
- Length 4.63m. Sail area 12.5sqm. Mast 7.5m.
- AFFORDABLE PRICING. Version «Eco» starting from 16.790€ (19.980€ incl. tax) ready to sail. Version «Ultimate» (full carbon, full equipment) is at 22.670€ (26.980€ incl. tax) ready to sail. Discount of 5.000€ on first 10 Version «Ultimate» ordered in 2016: 18.470€ (21.980€ incl. tax) ready to sail. Delivery time 4 months after confirmed order.
- DEMOCRACY ! FOILING NOW MADE ACCESSIBLE FOR EVERYONE !
“... until now, foiling was only for professionals, daredevils or the rich.
>>> Now it’s my turn >>> Now I fly. >>> iFLY®15 <<<. “ Flying is fun. >>> HAVE A GOOD FLIGHT ! <<< >>> HAVE A HAPPY DAY ! <<<
Youtube: iFLY15 by CEC Catamaran Europe Central
email: EMichael (at) iFLYsail.com
Draft : International Formula Foil 15 construction class :
|max width (platform without foils)||2.55||m|
|max sail area including mast||12.5||m2|
|Light wind jib, Code F (optional)||10||m2|
|max mast lenght||7.8||m|
|min weight ready to sail, without compass or gps||85||kg|
|max board span||1.1||m|
|min thickness of daggerboard and rudder verticals||10%|
|Daggerboards must be able to be raised for launching and landing|
|Rudder(s) must be able to be raised for launching and landing|
|Boat must be able to sail in 30cm of water, going to and coming from the sea (launching and landing)|
|Single handed racing|
|rudders must be hanged on pintles (no Moth like constructions)|
|Platform must be able to be disassembeled (no permanent lamimated or glued in beams)|
|Active foils are allowed|
|GPS allowed for speedmeter and startline distance|
|Trapezing allowed witb at least one foot on the side of the boat.|
|No internet or radio comunication|